Entries must be accurate
Make sure your entry numbers match the serial numbers on your ticket.
VIP account must be active
Your VIP account must be active at the time of drawing to be eligible for a prize.
Be sure your user profile is updated with current information so we can contact you if you win.
Drawing 1 Winners
Ten (10) $500 winners.
|Debra Carle||West Warwick|
|Sharon Crowther||West Warwick|
|Donna Mitchell||North Providence|
Drawing 2 Winners
Ten (10) $500 winners.
|Mary Oconnor||Central Falls|
How it Works
Merry Money Giveaway
Things might be a bit different this year, but some traditions don't have to change… like the second chance promotion with our holiday games! To add some cheer to this holiday season, we have $10,000 to give away in our Merry Money Giveaway!
For a chance to win, enter the 13-digit serial number located under the latex on the front of one of the following non-winning Rhode Island Lottery Instant Tickets:
- $1 Holiday Cash (#226) = 1 Entry
- $2 Deck the Halls (#227) = 2 Entries
- $5 Season's Greetings (#228) = 5 Entries
- $10 Winter Cash Blast (#229) = 10 Entries
Twenty winners will be drawn to win $500 each!
November 1, 2020 – February 3, 2021
Draw 1 - December 17, 2020
Draw 2 – February 4, 2021
There will be ten $500 winners per draw. Tickets entered are eligible for one drawing only, so entries made for the first drawing will not carry over into the second drawing. Only one win per household for this promotion. No alternates will be drawn.
Check the Drawings Tab to see a list of entry periods, drawing dates, and prizes.
Update Your VIP Profile:
Please make sure all of your VIP contact information, including a telephone number, is up to date so we can contact you if you win. Winners will be contacted by email and/or telephone within 48 hours of the drawing date. Please check the Rules tab to view the claim deadlines. If a prize is not claimed by the deadline, it will be forfeited.
Entry Period: November 1, 2020 – December 16, 2020*
Drawing Date: December 17, 2020
Number of Winners: 10
Entry Period: December 17, 2020 – February 3, 2021*
Drawing Date: February 4, 2021
Number of Winners: 10
* All entries must be in by 11:59 p.m. on the last day of the Entry Period to be eligible for the drawing.
Merry Money Giveaway
- The following Rhode Island Lottery Instant Tickets can be entered for this Second Chance Drawing promotion: Holiday Cash (Game #226), Deck the Halls (Game #227), Season's Greetings (Game #228), and Winter Cash Blast (Game #229). The ticket number to be entered is the thirteen (13)-digit number found on the front of the ticket under the latex scratch area.
- Only registered Rhode Island Lottery VIP and VIP+ Club members are eligible to enter this promotion. VIP Club registration is free, and members must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age to join.
- Only entries submitted online are eligible to win. No other method of entry will be accepted.
- Players entering between 12:00:00 a.m. on Sunday, November 1, 2020, and 11:59:59 p.m. on Wednesday, December 16, 2020, will be eligible to win for the first drawing ("Promotional Period #1"). Players entering between 12:00:00 a.m. on Thursday, December 17, 2020, and 11:59:59 p.m. on Wednesday, February 3, 2021, will be eligible to win in the second drawing (Promotional Period #2). Players are eligible to enter for each drawing, but can only win once.
- No entries will be accepted after the final entry deadline of 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, February 3, 2021, for this promotion.
- Each ticket's serial number may be entered only one (1) time. Entries will not carry over from the first drawing to the second drawing. To be eligible to win in both drawings, a player must submit an entry at least one (1) time during Promotional Period #1 and an entry at least one (1) time during Promotional Period #2.
- The number of entries a player will receive for a ticket is dependent upon the price point of the Instant Ticket, i.e. one (1) entry for the one dollar ($1) game, two (2) entries for the two dollar ($2) game, five (5) entries for the five dollar ($5) game, and ten (10) entries for the ten dollar ($10) game.
- All entries in a drawing have an equal chance of winning a prize.
- Odds of winning any prize in any Second Chance Drawing will vary depending upon the number of entries received for the drawing.
- There is an entry cap of five hundred (500) entries per day per player.
- Rhode Island Lottery employees, vendors, retailers, and anyone else deemed ineligible by the Rhode Island Lottery are prohibited from entering this promotion.
Drawings and Winners:
- Two (2) drawings will be held for ten (10) winners per each drawing.
- Limit of one (1) winner per household for the promotion.
- All prize winners will be notified by telephone and email by the Rhode Island Lottery. Please be sure your VIP and VIP+ Club member account is updated with your latest contact information.
- Winners must claim their prize at Rhode Island Lottery Headquarters by the claim deadline dates indicated or the prize will be forfeited. Entry deadlines, draw dates, and claim deadlines are posted below:
|Draw Number||Entry Period||Draw Date||Claim Deadline|
|1||Sunday, November 1, 2020, at 12:00:00 a.m. -Wednesday, December 16, 2020, at 11:59:59 p.m.||Thursday, December 17, 2020||
Friday, January 15, 2021, at 4:00 p.m.
|2||Thursday, December 17, 2020, at 12:00:00 a.m.- Wednesday, February 3, 2021, at 11:59:59 p.m.||Thursday, February 4, 2021||
Friday, March 5, 2021, at 4:00 p.m.
- The drawing dates are subject to change with adequate advance public notice.
- Winners must provide a copy of a valid, government-issued photo I.D., and complete and sign a Lottery claim form to claim their prize.
- The Rhode Island Lottery reserves the right to disqualify winners at the time of the draw and select alternate entries if necessary.
- Regardless of whether a winner claims the prize, winners' names will be posted online through the Lottery's website and social media outlets including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and any other source deemed necessary by the Rhode Island Lottery.
Drawing #1 – 10 Winners to receive $500 each
Drawing #2 – 10 Winners to receive $500 each
General Terms and Conditions:
- The Rhode Island Lottery makes no implied warranties of any kind with respect to the safety, appearance or performance of any prize offered.
- By participating in the Second Chance Drawing promotion, entrants hereby release and agree to hold harmless the Rhode Island Lottery, its directors, employees, officers and agents from any and all liability, loss, or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize.
- The Rhode Island Lottery, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if any prize cannot be awarded as described due to unavailability or for any other reason. Additional restrictions and conditions specific to any particular prize will be disclosed to winner upon prize notification.
- The Rhode Island Lottery reserves the right to publish winners' names, hometowns, photographs and/or videos for publicity purposes without any claim for broadcasting, internet, print, other rights or further compensation.
- Each person participating in this promotion agrees by the act of participation to be bound by these rules and procedures, statutes, administrative rules and procedures of the Rhode Island Lottery.
- Rhode Island Lottery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Promotion, and change these rules if the drawing cannot be conducted as planned due to errors in these rules or advertising, unauthorized intervention, tampering, fraud, technical errors, viruses, worms, bugs, or any other cause beyond the control of the Rhode Island Lottery that, in Rhode Island Lottery's sole judgement, could corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the drawings.
- All entries shall be subject to verification by the Rhode Island Lottery.
- Rhode Island Lottery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it deems or suspects to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion or the associated drawing or to be acting in violation of these rules and procedures, statutes, administrative rules and procedures of the Rhode Island Lottery.
- Rhode Island Lottery is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, or misdirected entries, or for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions, or any combination thereof.
- Rhode Island Lottery is not responsible for any damage to any individual's computer or telephone system/software related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in this promotion.
- For additional rules and regulations about Rhode Island Lottery games, view the official Rhode Island Lottery Rules Page.