The Rhode Island Lottery ("Lottery") offers this website for use in accordance with the Terms and Conditions contained herein. Your access to and use of this website is subject to these Terms and Conditions. By accessing or using this website in any way, including loading any page of the website, creating a “VIP Club” account, signing up for any type of communication from the Lottery, and using any other activity available provided by the Lottery through this website but not specifically mentioned herein, you are agreeing to comply with the terms, conditions, and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, do not use this website or conduct any activities available through this website. The website may be used only for lawful purposes. Your access and use of this website is also governed by all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
USE OF SITE BY MINORS
It is UNLAWFUL for anyone under the age of eighteen (18) to play the Lottery. As such, this website is not intended for use by any person under the age of 18. By using this website, you represent that you are at least 18 years old and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, representations and warranties set forth herein.
CHANGES TO THE WEBSITE
The Lottery reserves the right to:
- change or remove (temporarily or permanently) the website or any part of it without notice and you confirm that the Lottery shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal;
- change, remove, or discontinue any software, service, or promotion as advertised on this website at any time without notice and you confirm that the Lottery shall not be liable for any such change or removal; and,
- change or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time at its sole discretion and your continued use of the website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
“VIP CLUB ” ACCOUNT REQUIREMENTS
In order to participate in the “VIP Club” functionality of this website, the Lottery may require that you provide specific “personal information” to the Lottery in the manner prescribed by the Lottery in order to establish or maintain an account. You may not maintain more than one account. The Lottery reserves the right to delete or close any account or all accounts at any time for any reason, including but not limited to the existence of multiple accounts for one individual. No one under eighteen (18) years of age may establish an account.
By signing up for and participating in the “VIP Club” functionality on this website, you may agree to receive emails, text messages (SMS and MMS) to your phone, or other communications from the Lottery, which may be automated and could include such topics as, but not limited to, the following: winning numbers, jackpot alerts, newsletters, new game announcements, promotions, coupon offers, and surveys. In most cases, the Lottery will allow you to opt-in to any or all of these communications by updating your “VIP Club” profile information on the website. You may also opt-out by un-subscribing or requesting that the Lottery deactivate your account.
Text messaging varies per user. You must have a two-way text-enabled phone with compatible carrier and plan. Rhode Island Lottery messages are free, however, standard text message and data rates from your carrier may apply. Please review your wireless service plan and consult with your wireless service carrier.
TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHTS
The Intellectual Property Rights in this website and the materials on or accessible via it belong to the Lottery or its licensors. For these purposes, "Intellectual Property Rights" includes the following: any patent, trademark, trade name, service mark, service name, copyright, design right, database right, trade secret and other confidential information. This website and the materials on or accessible via it may not be copied, distributed, published, licensed, used or reproduced in any way (save to the extent strictly necessary for, and for the purposes of, accessing and using this website) without the express written consent of the Lottery or, if applicable, its licensor. Other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, product and service names, and company names or logos that appear on the website are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by the Lottery. You may not use any metatags or any other "hidden text" utilizing a Lottery name, trademark, or product name without the Lottery’s express written consent.
The licensed products used by the Rhode Island Lottery with permission include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Powerball® and Power Play® are registered trademarks of The Multi-State Lottery Association.
- Mega Millions® is a registered trademark of the Illinois State Lottery. Megaplier ® is a registered trademark of the Texas State Lottery.
- Lucky for Life® is a registered trademark of the Lucky for Life® Lotteries.
- Instant Match® is a registered trademark of the Rhode Island Lottery.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
The materials on this website are transmitted and distributed "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without express or implied warranties of any kind, including, but not limited to, warranties of title, implied warranties of merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose.
Although the Lottery endeavors to ensure the accuracy of the information that appears on this website or contained in automated communications available through this website (including winning numbers), it makes no warranty as to the quality, correctness, completeness or validity of such information. Information from the website or automated communications should always be verified before relying upon it. Official winning numbers are those selected in the respective drawings and recorded. If you have questions about winning numbers, contact the Lottery at 1-401-463-6500 or visit your nearest Lottery Retailer for the official winning numbers and game information. In the event of a discrepancy between the official winning numbers and the winning numbers identified herein, the official winning numbers shall prevail.
The Lottery makes no warranty that the functionality of the website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
The contents of the website do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making or refraining from making, any decision.
For your convenience, the Lottery website may provide links to other outside websites. The Lottery may not be responsible for such linked websites or the content of any of the linked websites. The Lottery provides these links as an additional resource for its website users and makes no representations regarding the content of any linked web site or any companies that own, control, or manage the linked web sites. Consequently, the Lottery is not responsible for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in, programs used by, or services or products offered by, websites linked to or from this web site. These links are provided to you as a convenience and do not constitute an endorsement by the Lottery or the state of Rhode Island. By clicking on any of these links, you are leaving our website. The Lottery has no control over the information collected by any third party after you have left the Lottery website. The Lottery encourages you to read the privacy policies and security information for those sites.
The data collection, usage and disclosure practices of any third party linked to the Lottery website are not covered by these Terms and Conditions. The Lottery assumes no liability and is not responsible for any practices of such third party websites, including their privacy practices or content, or disclosure of information by third parties.
Anyone linking to the Lottery’s website must comply with the Lottery’s guidelines for linking to this website and all applicable laws.
Any suggestions, ideas, or concepts that are submitted by you shall become, and remain, the property of the Lottery. By communicating material to the Lottery website, you agree that the Lottery has the right to use such material as it sees fit without any further compensation.
SHORT CODE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This website, www.RILOT.com, is the official website of the Rhode Island Lottery. It is UNLAWFUL for anyone under the age of 18 to play the Lottery.
- Adults 18 and over may register for a Rhode Island Lottery VIP account which allows you to receive email and SMS notifications.
- When you opt-in to the service (https://www.rilot.com), we will send you a message to confirm your signup. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies by use. Text "HELP" for help. Text "STOP" to cancel.
- You can cancel this service at any time. Just reply "STOP" to one of our texts. After you send the message "STOP" to us, we will send you a reply message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive messages from us.
- If you want to rejoin, log into your VIP Club account, update your User Preferences (https://www.rilot.com), and we will start sending messages to you again.
- If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text "HELP" to 84399. After you send the message "HELP" to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
- Participating carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Boost Mobile, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central, IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
- T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
- For all questions about the services provided by this short code, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-833-486-7170.
- Play Responsibly! Click on this link to review the Official Rhode Island Lottery Rules that govern Lottery games.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, the Lottery will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatever arising out of or in connection with the use of the website.
You agree through the use of this website to indemnify the Lottery, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and affiliates from and hold harmless against any and all claims, damages, losses and causes of action arising out of your use of or reliance upon the information on this website or out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
In the event that any provision of this Agreement is declared by any judicial or other competent authority to be void, voidable, illegal or otherwise unenforceable or indications of the same are received by either you or us from any relevant competent authority, we shall amend that provision in such reasonable manner as achieves the intention of the parties without illegality or, at the Lottery’s discretion, such provision may be severed from this Agreement and the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
This website is intended for use by residents of the state of Rhode Island. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Rhode Island. You agree that suit, if any, must be maintained in the state or federal courts located in Rhode Island.
These Terms and Conditions together with any documents expressly referred to in them, contain the entire agreement relating to the subject matter covered and supersede any previous agreements, arrangements, undertakings or proposals, written or oral, in relation to such matters. No oral explanation or oral information given by any party shall alter the interpretation of these terms and conditions. In agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you have not relied on any representation other than those expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not been made expressly in these Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions, contact the Rhode Island Lottery by mail at 1425 Pontiac Avenue, Cranston, RI 02920 or by phone at 1-401-463-6500.